To make three paint mixtures out of found pigments and create a 22” x 30” painting, referencing your Artistic Voice project to create content. You might also choose to tear your paper into two sheets of 15” x 11” pieces of paper and complete two paintings.
Watercolor paper: 22” x 30” sheets of watercolor paper are available in the bookstore
Found pigments for making paint: Botanicals, spices, coffee tea, and anything else you can dream up. It needs to be non-toxic.
- Collect three pigment sources.
- Mix three paints. All three can be wet paints but you might also choose to mix one or two cake pigments as demonstrated in class.
- If desired, exchange pigments with other students in the class to expand your palette.
- Make your painting. Consider the strength of your pigment saturation when developing your painting.
- Document the process through your blog post.